The course will explain different types of petroleum contracts that are in practice in petroleum field. Further, certain differences are bound to crop up under a contract. The effective management is that differences are not allowed to become disputes. So managing differences in an amicable manner must be the focus of the contracting parties. In the event that the differences could not be resolved then how to manage and control the damage is the next stage. Here comes the role of alternate dispute resolution like mediation, conciliation and etc. Only very few matters may be allowed to go to arbitration and litigation. The course will cover all this with interactive sessions and hands on exercises and practical problem solving methods.
Key Benefits Of Attending This Course
1) This interactive course will equip with the skills to limit organization’s exposure through effective dispute resolution.
2) Build skills to use control mechanism for effectively dealing with and cultivate a better understanding and appreciation of Petroleum Contracts.
3) Gain knowledge of and insight in to different modes of dispute resolution in a cost effective manner.
4) Build flexibility and dynamism so that disputes are managed and do not give rise to litigation.
5) Develop understanding of international aspects of dispute resolution.
6) Develop skills to determine which mode of dispute settlement is to be resorted to.
7) How to deal with conciliation, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
Who Should Attend
• Geologists and other technical people dealing with contract execution
• Finance Manager
• Contract Manager
• Material Manager
• Site Engineers
• Site Personnel
• Legal Advisers
• Procurement Manager / Engineer
• Contractors and sub-contractors
Mr. Mohammad Naseem is Chairman and Managing Partner of Global Law and Liaison Services and ex Vice President of ONGC-Videsh Limited/Ex DGM (Legal) ONGC. He has vast experience in conducting training programmes in different parts of the World like Netherlands, U.K., Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and etc. In his professional career spanning over more than three decades, he has dealt with a large number of high value commercial matters, domestic and international arbitration and litigation. He has been part of a large number of negotiation teams, which have successfully negotiated various types of contracts worth billions of dollars including acquisitions in a number of countries.
He is the author of Monograph on Energy Law, Medical Law, Sports Law, Religion Law and Environmental Law for Kluwer Law International, Netherlands and has had to his credit a number of papers published in national and international journals of repute. He is the visiting Faculty and guest expert speaker of the Indian Academy of International Law and Diplomacy, India International Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun and Indian School of Petroleum. He is on the panel of International Advisers for Kluwer Law International, Netherlands.
For conducting negotiations he has visited Myanmar, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, Iran, U.A.E., Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, Italy, Russia, Kazakhstan, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, France, U.K, USA, Canada, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Uzbekistan. With varied practical and on the job legal experience in negotiation, drafting, interpretation and vetting of the legal documents and dealing with arbitration and litigation on one hand and acting as trainer, speaker and author, Mr. Naseem has been part of an exclusive team of trainers, negotiators, advisers, and legal strategists, and is a legal luminary of international repute in his own right.